Saturday, January 23, 2010

Signs of Terror in Liberal Land

In Cambridge I’m surrounded by disappointed and upset people now so I’m not feeling that isolated,’’ Annabel Gill, shift manager at 1369, said Wednesday as she fashioned an elegant leaf design in the foam of a skim milk latte. “But it is a little unsettling to realize that more people in this state want to vote [Republican] than I would have suspected, so that does make me feel a little isolated.’’ ( From the Boston Globe)

My God! You can almost hear the strains of John Philip Sousa in the background as the Republican Party Converges on Cambridge replacing whole milk for skim milk in the latte shop, and banning nutmeg tarts for good old american oreos. And then marching down to the food coop and defiling the sanctity of the place with a snickers wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment